Coronavirus Update (COVID-19)
On a daily basis, O’Connor Woods continues to monitor and implement additional recommended and/or mandated precautionary measures within our communities regarding COVID-19. In an effort to keep our staff, residents, families, friends, and visitors up-to-date, we would like to share O'Connor Woods' ongoing process to implement CDC and California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines for our communities. The most important fact to know is that there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in either resident or staff populations at this time.
Please note that the message posted on 3/25/20 indicated that O'Connor Woods had a caregiver who tested positive for COVID-19. This was reported in error and O'Connor Woods has no confirmed COVID-19 positive employees or staff at this time. We apologize for this misstatement.
If you’re planning on visiting O'Connor Woods Community, please click here:
Residential Living (RCFE): independent living, assisted living and memory care
Skilled Nursing Care Centers (SNF)
Live Well at Home – Non-Medical Home Care
We continue to follow diligent infection control protocols in each of our communities per CDC and CDPH guidelines.
O'Connor Woods Response and Visitor Screening Questions:
- Have you traveled anywhere in a country with widespread sustained transmission or from a country with sustained community transmission over the last 14 days?
Australia, Brazil, Canada, Austria, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, or Vatican City, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, United Kingdom: England, Scotland, Wales and North Ireland
- Have you taken any trips on cruise ships or participated in other settings where crowds are confined to a common location in the past 14 days?
- Have you been on an aircraft, being seated within 6 feet of a traveler with symptomatic laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 infection in the past 14 days? (this distance correlates approximately with 2 seats in each direction)
- Do you live in the same household as, or providing care in a non-healthcare setting (such as a home) with a person with symptomatic laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 infection without using recommended precautions?
- Do you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing? (Must take temperature and log with presence or absence of respiratory illness)
If visitor answers YES to any of these questions, they cannot enter building at that time.
If visitor answers NO to ALL questions, they will:
- wash/sanitize hands upon entry and exit
- wear a facemask while in the building
- restrict their visit to the resident’s room or other location designated by the community
Protect yourself at home and in the community:
- Practice social distancing (6 feet or more distance from others) when possible. Stay
away from anyone coughing or sneezing - particularly, if you do not know the
- Practice good hand washing/ hand hygiene frequently.
- If you are sick: Stay home and self-isolate if you have flu symptoms or a fever.
- If you are sick, call the physician, clinic or hospital before you visit them. Do not go to a clinic or hospital with symptoms without calling first - they will instruct you on the proper procedures.
- Remember, the CDPH does not recommend the use of face masks for general
prevention and states handwashing provides better protection from infectious
For more information and resources, visit:
Centers for Disease Control
California Department of Public Health