- National Wellness Institute
Wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence.
The O’Connor Woods Wellness Connection Program and Fitness Club is dedicated to changing and improving lives. We provide wellness programs and guidance to make each individual’s life purposeful and healthy. Our highly-trained wellness professionals inspire and motivate residents of all abilities and ages in a compassionate, fun and dynamic setting.
- Introduction to the Fitness Club
- Health questionnaire to assess abilities, goals and interests
- One-on-one personal wellness coaching (Includes physical, social and emotional wellness)
- Fitness recommendations
- Aquatic class
- Therapeutic class
- Kaiser Strength exercise equipment
- Nu-Step equipment
- Outdoor "Boot Camp" classes – All exercise is done outdoors and is seasonal.
- FallProof® – Scientifically-tested program shown to improve balance and mobility and reduce the risk of falls.
- Delay the Disease® – Parkinson’s specific exercise program designed to optimize physical function and delay the progression of symptoms.
- Aquatic Physical Therapy
- Tai Chi
- Numerous walking paths
- 9-hole putting green
- Bocce court